Sunday, November 17, 2013

Zutz Cosmetics Company

The Zutz Cosmetics Company was started by Henry E. and Julia Zutz in St. Paul, Minnesota, in 1923. They made by hand, a variety of women's perfumes and cosmetics in small batches for specialty shops of their time. Henry was trained as a pharmacist and worked in that field for years before starting his own cosmetics company. They ceased production completely by 1946.




Also to be found are the Zutz potpourri sachets.

Zutz Cosmetics were sold thru a small store named the Thelma and Viola Beauty Shop, ran by Thelma Davis and Viola Harper.

American Exporter, 1933:
"With ZUTZ INDIVIDUAL COSMETICS Dealers and Distributors increase sales opportunities because ZUTZ ... cosmetics offer a full line of individual products, including perfumes, for individual purposes, tastes and requirements.

Rarely one can find their perfume bottles, which is a green or blue slag glass rectangle with a golden foil label with an Egyptian style lady on the front.

photo from worthpoint

photo from ebay seller llvintage

photo from worthpoint







No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be subject to approval by a moderator. Comments may fail to be approved or may be edited if the moderator deems that they:
contain unsolicited advertisements ("spam")
are unrelated to the subject matter of the post or of subsequent approved comments
contain personal attacks or abusive/gratuitously offensive language

International Perfume Bottle Association

IPBA Annual Convention

Annual IPBA Perfume Bottles Auction

Annual IPBA Perfume Bottles Auction